Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Liebster Award


Hey y'all!  Sara from Pearls & Curls nominated me for the Liebster Award!  Thank you so much for thinking of me, Sara! Edited to add: I woke up this morning to another nomination from Hannah at Polish and Pajamas!  I'm going to add her questions to the bottom of this past.  Thanks Hannah! :)



The Rules
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog :)

11 Facts About Me!
1. I'm obsessed with my beagle, Alice!
2. I traveled to Salamanca, Spain in my senior year of high school and I would do anything to return!
3. I'm a Spanish major, Latin American studies minor, and I'm getting my arts management certificate.
4. I'm a championship Irish step dancer.
5. I watch/keep up with waaaaaay too many TV shows.
6. I used to drive a silver P.T. Cruiser, but now I have a white Ford Escape.
7. My birthstone is an amethyst.
8. I'm obsessed with Law and Order Special Victims Unit.
9. My favorite dessert is Red Velvet Whoopie Pies.
10. Sarcasm is my second language.
11. I'd rather be skiing right now!

My Questions!
1. Favorite brand of nail polish?
2. Have you ever traveled out of the United States?
3. What's your favorite summer activity?
4. Are you looking forward to any of your classes next semester?
5. Do you have any pets?
6. Foundation or tinted moisturizer?
7. What's your favorite TV show?
8. Is there one piece of clothing that you couldn't live without?
9. Who do you look up to?
10. Winter sports or summer sports?
11. What's the craziest thing you've done?

My Nominees!  (Sorry there aren't 11...but y'all should check out these blogs!)
1. Amanda from A Preppy Education
2. Ani from Catch 21
3. Emily from Life's A Beach
4. Jacqueline from Y'all Come In And Stay Awhile
5. Makenzie from So Simply Chic
7. Mollie from The Classy Club


Questions from S!
1. You have to give up food or sleep (without any negative health side effects)...which do you give up? Probably food...I just enjoy sleeping waaaaay too much!
2. If you could have one super power- what would it be? The ability to see into the future and see how my present decisions impact my future.
3. Talk about your aspirations for you blog! Hmm..well this is really my first time blogging by myself (aside from my Tumblr) so I want to stay consistent, network more, and figure out this whole html business!
4. Are you a handbag or shoe kinda girl? Handbag.  Definitely.  I legitimately just ordered 3 new pairs of shoes because I always forget until they're literally falling apart.
5. If you had to shop at one store for the rest of your life- which store would you chose? Probably J. Crew because they have basics like t-shirts and leggings, but they also have fun pieces, too!
6. Who is your favorite author? Jodi Picoult
7. Favorite song lyric? "We'll find the will to find out way.  Knowing that the darkest skies will someday see the sun." - "Light" from Next to Normal (Thank you Hannah, for sending me that lyric on tumblr once!)
8. Do you prefer to be the driver or passenger? Driver...my friends driving habits scare me...sorry guys!
9. If you could change one thing about yourself- what would you change? I wouldn't be so critical about myself.
10. What will you accomplish in 2013? I will finish my sophomore year in college and get an internship or job for the summer!
11. If you could meet one blogger- who would it be? Hmm this is so difficult!  I'm going to bend the rules and pick two...Hannah and Danielle!


Questions from Hannah!
1. Chevron: are you still loving it or is it getting old? Hmm..well I do love chevron, but it is kind overdone right now.  I think it depends on what the chevron is on.. y'know?
2. If you had to be one of the Kardashians-- which would you choose? I don't keep up with the Kardashians.  If you showed me a picture I couldn't even tell you the names of any of them.
3. Do you want any kids?  If so, how many? I go back and forth on this one...some days I want enough kids to field my own football team.  Other days I want to live alone with a pack of beagles. #beaglemomproblems
4. What is your favorite word? Potentiality.
5. If your house was burning and you had to save one thing for sentimental reasons, what would you save? (What I mean by sentimental reasons is that it's not just of monetary value like your laptop or iPhone or something) Well I'm just going to assume here that my dog and family got out of the house, okay?  With that being said, I would probably want to save a piece of jewelry from my grandmother or something she sewed/knitted/crocheted for me.  She was a really important part of my life and I miss her everyday.
6. Favorite breakfast food? Ham, pepper, and cheese egg white omelet.
7. What do you do to combat stress? Well you see...I'm really terrible at handling my stress.  If I'm at school, I'll use my school work and studying as an outlet for stress.  Otherwise, I just get really angry with myself...
8. What's your favorite kind of blog post to read? (Ex. Nail polish swatches, OOTD, Personal, etc) I like personal posts...I like to feel like I know the blogger!  I want to do better about posting more about my life on here.
9. What's your favorite kind of flower? I like daisys!
10. What was your most memorable birthday as a kid? I had a bunch of birthday parties at a bowling alley...I remember that being a lot of fun!
11. Favorite color to wear on your nails-- can be specific like a polish name and brand or just a color, like pink. If you would have asked me this just a few months ago, I would have said.  But I've started to get more into nail polish lately.  Right now, I'd say OPI Skyfall, but as it gets warmer that will be changing!

Once again, thank you for the nominations Sara and Hannah!

xoxo,
Rebecca

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award! If I had to pick one store, I would choose J. Crew, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca! Thank you so much for the nomination... I'll be sure to do this for tomorrow's post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nom!! :) I'll need to do this post. I love sleep too

    ReplyDelete