Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Recently Read

Since I've been home on break, I've finally had some time to finish some books (that I had started in the summer), pick some new books, and finish them.


I had started Off Balance in the beginning of August while I was at the beach with Amber.  Off Balance tells the story of Olympic gymnast Dominique Moceanu.  Although it was a bit dry in places, overall I really enjoyed the book.  My sister and I were huge fans of the Magnificent Seven, so it was really interesting to hear about Moceanu's experience on the team.


Oh. My. Gosh.  If you have not read this book...you need to.  Stop reading my blog.  Go to the store.  Pick up a copy of this book...download it on your nook.  I don't care how you do it, but you must read this book.  I read the entire book in less than 24 hours.  Although the story is extremely sad, the book was so incredibly well written.  I'm looking forward to reading more of John Green's books.


I have to admit...this book wasn't my favorite.  I downloaded it onto my nook from the NYPL.  I felt obligated to finish it because I had started.  But I wouldn't recommend it.  The storyline was hard to follow and the plot wasn't that exciting.

This year I want to read more books.  I want to use reading as a way of relaxing and unwinding before bed.  I've set a goal of thirty books for 2013.  Do y'all have any book suggestions?  I'd love to hear them!

xoxo,
Rebecca

1 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I also read The Fault in our Stars in less that 24 hours..SO good!! I'm glad to hear your thoughts on Girls in Trucks because I had contemplated reading it, but will pass on it!

    ReplyDelete