Monday, January 28, 2013

Skin Care Routine

Before I started, I wanted to make a disclaimer.  In this post I will mention two products that are available only by prescription.  Obviously because I'm not a doctor and not everyone has the same skin, I cannot recommend a specific prescription.  However, I can recommend that you visit your doctor or dermatologist if you think you could benefit from prescriptions to help with your skin.  I have oily/acne prone skin and I refused to go the dermatologist for many years (mostly because my dermatologist is my best friend's dad and I thought that was totally embarrassing.)  However, this past summer I did go to the doctors and he worked with me to find a combination of prescription strength creams that would help with the type of acne I have. 

I've used almost every drug store facial soap and acne treatment that CVS sells.  My bathroom used to be littered with 3-4 soaps and scrubs in the shower and tubes of acne gels and "miracle" treatments.

Ole Henriksen Truth Revealed Super Creme / Prescription Aczone / Ole Henriksen Truth Serum /
Ole Henriksen On The Go Cleanser

Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation / Clarisonic Mia2 /
Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser / Prescription Differin
I know that the Clarisonic is a big investment, but it has truly helped my skin.  I use it ever 1-2 days with a non exfoliating foaming face wash.  My skin feel so clean afterwards and I can see my pores shrinking.

Ole Henriksen Walnut Complexion Scrub / Ole Henriksen Grease Relief Tonic / Fresh Soy Face Cream
Lastly, I want to stress that everyone has different skin types.  Just because something worked for me, does not mean it will work for you.  I encourage you to try different brands and types of products.  I used to think that everything had to be marked acne or oil free for my skin.  Luckily, I had mentioned my skin type to Danielle and she suggested that I try the Ole Henriksen products.  I could not be more thankful.  They are not, by all means, miracle workers, but they have greatly improved my skin.  In addition to my acne clearing up, I've received compliments that my skin looks brighter!

xoxo,
Rebecca

0 comments:

Post a Comment