Sunday, February 17, 2013

In lieu of Sunday Social this week, I wanted to go ahead and share some inspirational messages.

I don't know about y'all, but this time of the year always seems to put me in a slump.  It's halfway between Christmas break and Spring break (so even though I'm a sophomore, I'm super homesick!), classes are starting to pick up because professors are realizing they're behind in the syllabus, mid terms are just around the corner, and as an Admission's Tour Guide, accepted applicant weekends and junior open houses are on the horizon!  Needless to say, life is kind of crazy.


I've made it a goal this year (even if it's no where on my 20 in 2013 or on any other To Do or goal list) to strengthen my relationship with God.  I haven't been to church in an extremely long time and my Bible is still sitting on my nightstand....at home.  Luckily in this age of technology, it's as simple as downloading an App and having the scripture at the touch of a button.  The app that I'm using, YouVersion, also has guided reading plans, devotionals, and prayers.

God challenges us each day.  But he doesn't do it to hurt us or make us weak.  Instead, he does it to help us grow as people and as Christians.  He has a unique and amazing journey planned for us and in order for us to be able to endure his path, he needs to test us to help us become strong enough to experience what he as planned.

It is so easy to blame God for "punishing" you or challenging you.  It is easy to get angry and feel rejected.  I challenge you to thank God for one think each day instead of getting angry for something that has happened. He works in mysterious way.

I'm not a bible-beating freak, but I do believe that each and every one of us, whether you believe in God or not, is being watched over and helped even if we think no one is protecting us.

xoxo,
Rebecca

1 comments: