Monday, March 18, 2013

This post summed up into one sentence:
I should really stop leaving the house looking like I'm going to work out.

The whole story:
Last Friday I woke up with really bad pain in both of my ears.  I've had ear infections before, and I was pretty sure that I needed some antibiotics.  So I woke up, made an appointment, and proceeded to quickly shower and get dressed in order to make the appointment.  I threw on an outfit that closely resembled this:
(Wet braid, glasses, and baseball cap included)

After my doctors appointment (where I found out I had a double ear infection and needed antibiotics...yay!), I had another appointment at the apple store for my laptop (another story for another day...or never.)  I had some time to kill so I decided to run over to the J. Crew outlet and see if there were any good deals.  I'm looking around and who do I see?  Lauren from A Monogram Love Affair.  Now I knew that she lived in my area and worked at J. Crew..but I did not expect to see her when I looked so atrocious (or like...ever...)  I awkwardly went up to her and asked if she was indeed the author of her blog.  I was so embarrassed.  I actually considered not saying hi because I looked so terrible.  (Well, she tweeted back to me after I apologized for being such a creeper...so I guess that means I wasn't TOO scary.)

The point of the story is:  I need to start wearing the clothes I have in my closet.  I do admit, I didn't pack well when I came home for break, but I still had plenty of tops that I could have thrown on with a pair of jeans!

Has anything like this ever happened to you?
xoxo,
Rebecca

3 comments:

  1. I swear every time I decide to step out of my norm & have a casual day in yoga pants, a t shirt, messy hair, & little make up I always, always run into someone that I would prefer to see me at my best, But hey, clothes don't make the person, you do!
    Happy Monday! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just about every time I'm back in my home town I run errands in no make-up and sweats. Then I run into people I knew from middle school or high school and always get so embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad she replied!!!!!! I hate running into people when I look bad.
    Follow me back? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jenna <3

    ReplyDelete