Wednesday, March 20, 2013




{via}

You know those fancy no-crease hair ties that everyone is wild over these days?  Well I love them, too.  But I don't love the price.  I some things on pinterest over the summer that said that the material they are made of is called fold over elastic.  So I did a quick google search and found that many suppliers all over the internet sold the elastic and it was cheap.  Like 60 cents a yard...and a yard makes FOUR hair ties.  Sign me up!  Recently, I purchased chevron patterned elastic!  I've also seen glitter, polka dots, damask, and all kinds of other patterns!

It's so simple to make them and I can totally get behind that new price!

Do y'all want me to do a tutorial about how I make them?  I'm all about saving money and I'd love to share with you guys if you're interested!

xoxo,
Rebecca



4 comments:

  1. Definitely do a tutorial on this. I'm looking to make some too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love for you to do a tutorial! Emi Jays are so cute, but it can cost $6 for just three of them from Etsy. I would love to try to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What website do you buy your fabric from? I have been wanting to make these for awhile!

    shorelifeofm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete