Monday, April 29, 2013

Foxfield!

To say I had a great weekend would be an understatement.  A Saturday full of Lilly and friends and a Sunday full of relaxing and studying?  Well, I guess I could have done without the studying part :)



First, and foremost, YES, I did see a horse!  Everyone kept telling me that it would be really easy for me to go the entire day without actually seeing the horses.  Our plot backed up right to the track, so we stood at the fence during each race!


And again, further proof that we did see horses!
hFe, nRr, and I


Although the entire day was fabulous, I'd have to say the best part, was seeing eCm, one of my best friends from high school!  eCm used to live in NYC, so we would see each other in PA once in a while, but she just recently moved to Washington state, so I was glad to be able to see her before she goes home for the summer.


Outfit:
Lilly Pulitzer State of Mind Ricci Shift, Lilly Pulitzer McKim Sandals
And wSa, our fearless photographer for the day!


The icing on the cake? Meeting kKh!  kKh and I are in a facebook group together for Lilly lovers, so it was great to finally be able to put a face to a name.  kKh graduated from UVa, where eCm goes, and they are both in the same sorority...small world?

All in all, it was a perfect day.  Despite the sunburn (public service announcement, do not wear a dress with cutouts to an all-day outdoor event..umm..), I had loads of fun and I can't wait for next year!  And in the meantime, I need to pick up a floppy hat, monogrammed, of course.  Sunburn in your scalp is not pleasant.

Did any of y'all go to Foxfield?  Did ya have a great time?
xoxo,
Rebecca

4 comments:

  1. It looks like a great day at the races!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommy ordered you a hat. We will monogram this summer. Heather saw a piece of Lilly fabric somewhere. Find out and we can get it to make a band or bow or something???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a super fun time! I've always wanted to go!

    ReplyDelete