Monday, April 22, 2013

Wow, y'all!  It was a whirlwind of a weekend!

I usually spend my weekends studying, doing homework, catching up on tv shows, and relaxing!  This weekend was totally different!  Saturday night the Campus Events Association at my college hosted an event called Spring Fling.  It was AWESOME.

Canaan Smith and Love and Theft performed at my school!  If y'all have never heard of either of these bands...listen to this song by Canaan Smith!
(Sorry for the poor quality, he doesn't even have any of his songs on iTunes!)
It was a really awesome concert and I was so lucky that it was right on my own campus!  CEO also arranged for a BBQ dinner on the quad and ice cream and popcorn later that night!

After a late night listening to Love and Theft, I was up at 5:50am on Sunday for a day trip to Washington, D.C.  My Art of the Early Americas class took a field trip to the National Museum of the American Indian and Dumbarton Oaks.  I had already been to the NMAI, but this time I was able to look around without a tour guide.  I'm a Latin American Studies minor, so seeing all of the art from the Aztec and Incan empires was really exciting for me. #nerdalert

To say this weekend was crazy would be an understatement, but with only two weeks left in my sophomore year of college, I may as well make the best of them!  Next Saturday I'll be heading to Foxfield in Charlottesville!  Will any of y'all be there?!  I'd love to meet up!

What did YOU do this weekend?!
xoxo,
Rebecca

2 comments: