Thursday, May 30, 2013

Book Review : The Happiness Project

It's summer and I finally have time to read through the metaphorical piles of books on my nightstand.  But really, they're just piled up on my nook. :)

The first book I started this summer was The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.

I had heard really good things about this book, so I was excited to settle in with a tumbler of sweet tea on the chaise lounge and soak up the sun.  Needless to say, I was a little disappointed.  The book is Rubin's year-long journey to find happiness.  I thought the author was almost annoying.  Rubin set a list of goals for each month that she thought would make her happy.  Regardless of if she was actually happier by the end of the year, I feel bad for her husband and two young daughters who had to deal with her during her project.

I think the main reason I disliked this book was because the author was trying to find "hallmark happiness" instead of embracing everyday genuine happiness.  She went so far as to keep a chart to track her "happiness." #Ain'tNobodyGotTimeForThat

Have you read The Happiness Project?  What did you think?
xoxo,
Rebecca

1 comments:

  1. I wanted to read this book. Thanks for sharing your opinions with us! If I end up reading it, I'll let you know what I think. Right now I'm reading The Fault in our Stars!

    ReplyDelete