Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday 5 : Snacks




With summer coming, I'm prone to snack a little more.  Instead of reaching for chips or cookies, I tried to come up with a list of some healthier alternatives.  Living in Lancaster County certainly has it's perks sometimes...like the abundance of fresh fruit available!  A lot of Amish farms have road-side stands.  It's easy for us to stop at the stand and pick up whatever looks good.  I can't wait until cantaloupe is in season and we constantly have a bowl of sliced melon in the fridge!



Cantaloupe / Cheese Sticks
Pistachios / Strawberries / Cashews

Regardless of what you like to snack on, the key in portion control.  An extra-sharp cheddar cheese stick will never be the healthiest snack option.  But by having a small portion, I think it is okay.  However, I don't suggest have a chocolate bar for every snack...that will never be okay! 

What are your favorite snacks?
xoxo,
Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Here from the Blog Hop! Just wanted to let you know I'm following you via GFC & Bloglovin'! Hope you'll get a chance to check me out!

    Bloglovin'
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3718883

    Blog url
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watermelon is one of my favorite summer snacks! But I LOVE smoothies! It's a great way to get a lot of fruits and veggies in!

    ReplyDelete