Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

I love a great backyard BBQ with hamburgers, hotdogs, pasta salad, deviled eggs, and potato chips as much as the next girl...but I think today it's important that we remember why our families are donning their red, white, and blue (or in my case: red, white, blue, and burnt).

We should be celebrating Memorial Day in order to honor those who have fought for our country.  So many of our country's men and woman have gone out to protect our country.  As great as your favorite BBQ food is, take time to consider the real reason for the long weekend.


xoxo,
Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree! And I love the saying "Land of the free because of the brave." I think our freedom is taken for granted quite a bit. Freedom isn't free!

    xo, Taylor
    taylor-knittel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete