Monday, June 3, 2013

Lilly Pulitzer Warehouse Sale

Lilly Pulitzer's annual summer warehouse sale will occur June 6-8 at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, PA.  For the exact details, check out this website.

This will be my third year going to the warehouse sale, so I thought I'd share some tips and tricks to make your first sale as easy and successful as possible!


1. Don't go in with any expectations.
You never know what you're going to find at the sale.  It's best to go in without thinking "I'm going to get the Nina Dress in Chin Chin."  But rather, I'm going to scour the samples racks, go through some boxes, look on the racks in my size, and find some awesome deals!  (That's how I came out of the sale last year with an open-front cardi for $10!)

2. Be patient and have a good attitude.
Everyone is there for the same exact reason as you.  They love Lilly, but they want the good deals.  You will see mean spirited people ripping clothes out of other peoples hands.  You will see people butting in line.  You will see people doing deplorable things that you would never even dream of doing in public.  So set a good example, be patient, be courteous, thank the workers, and put a smile on your face.  No matter what, you're bound to come out of the sale with some awesome finds!

3. Wear a cami/spandex under your clothes.
Although there is a changing "area" to try on clothes, they're not divided rooms, and there's always a long line to get in.  You will see people strip down to their underwear to try things on in the open warehouse.  My friends and I prefer to wear a cami and spandex under our outfits so we can try things on, make sure they fit, and still maintain some dignity.

4. Plan on spending all day, but don't be surprised when you're out by 12.
The past two years we've been in the first 200 people into the sale, so usually we're done by 9 or 10.  But I wouldn't make plans for afterwards because a) you're going to be so exhausted from waiting in line and b) you might end up staying later than you expect to dig through boxes and go through other peoples "reject" piles!

5. Have fun!
I saved the most important tip for last!  Make the best out of your experience!  Talk to the other Lilly lovers while you're waiting in line and don't forget to laugh and smile!

If y'all have any other questions, just let me know!
If you are going to be at the sale, I'd love to meet you!  If you see me (in my crazed Lilly loving state....) don't be afraid to say hi!

xoxo,
Rebecca

4 comments:

  1. Ugh I so wish I lived closer and could go! If you spot any amazing XS or 2s and want to grab them for me, I wouldn't hate it. ;) But in all seriousness I hope you have fun and get some great things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How good are the deals at the warehouse sale? like what's an example of how much a dress could cost? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I know this is like a year late, but I'm already thinking about going this year, and I wanted to know what time you normally got there--especially to be in the front of the line! Thanks so much!
    (My email is thepreppyleopard@gmail.com) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete